Our Lady of The Angels Church Poised for Re-Opening
December 10, 2011 Chicago Sun Times featured on-going renovation efforts at Our Lady of the Angels Church on Chicago’s West Side. The Church was once the site of a tragic school fire December 1, 1958 when 92 children and 3 nuns lost their lives. The re-built school closed in 1999 and deteriorating Church was closed by the Archdiocese in 1990. The school is currently leased by the Galapagos Charter School and through the watchful eye of Fr. Bob Lombardo over the past 6 years, the church and its 3 parish buildings have undergone extensive renovation with the help of numerous volunteers. Synergy Construction is pleased to be part of that ever growing list, dedicating time and resources to help Fr. Bob and his staff reach the April, 2012 completion date. In addition to our work on the numerous building, roof and window repairs, Synergy recently sponsored a Volunteer Day December 17 at the Church, donating a new $10,000 basement ceiling which will help the Church with its food and clothing distribution efforts.
For additional information about our work at OLA, please see visit our website and view the project case study for Our Lady of the Angels or follow our progress on Facebook. Our Lady of the Angels Church information can be found at missionola.com.
Follow the Christmas Update at: